Traumeel for dogs is a nonprescription OTC homeopathic medication used as supportive therapy in pain and inflammation of the musculoskeletal system, such as with arthritis.
The medication is also used for treating acute musculoskeletal injuries, such as sprains and traumatic injuries.
This homeopathic remedy comes in tablet form and is easy to give your pup. Wondering how much Traumeel you should provide your dog?
There are a lot of different options of Traumeel dosage for dogs. You may be wondering what the best way to give your dog.
This post will discuss different ways to give Traumeel to your dog and how much you should give them.
We will also cover some of the benefits of using Traumeel for dogs. Keep reading to learn more.
Traumeel Dosage For Dogs
The safe dosage of Traumeel tablets for newborn puppies is ½ tablet, for weaned puppies, 1 tablet and for adult dogs is 1-2 tablets 3 times a day. The recommended dose of Traumeel oral drop for dogs is 5 to 6 drops for puppies, 6 to 7 drops for young dogs, and 8 to 10 drops for adult canines 3 times a day.
The ideal dose of any medication, including Traumeel for dogs, may vary and depends on several factors, including canine body weight, breed, the severity of the health issue, and overall health condition.
Traumeel Dosage chart for dogs by weight
|Dog body weight in Kg||Traumeel Tablet Dose for dogs(Administration 3x a day, 8 hours)||Traumeel oral Drops dosage (Administration 3x a day, 8 hours)|
|2-5 kg||½ tablet||3-5 Drpops|
|6-15 kg||1 tablet||5-6 Drops|
|16-25 kg||1 ½ tablet||5-6 Drops|
|26-35 kg||1-2 tablet||6-7 Drops|
|36-40 kg||1-2 tablet||8-10 Drops|
|40kg and above||1-2 tablet||8-10 Drops|
The dosage chart is well researched but can only be used for educational and guidance purposes and will never replace your vet advice.
Traumeel Benefits for Dogs
There are many potential benefits of using Traumeel for dogs, including relieving pain, reducing inflammation, speeding healing, used as supportive therapy in pain and inflammation of the musculoskeletal system, such as with arthritis and for the treatment of acute musculoskeletal injuries, such as sprains and traumatic injuries.
How to give?
1) Give the Traumeel tablet to your puppy with food.
2) If your pet is resistant to taking the tablet, you may need to hide it in their food.
3) Give the Traumeel to your pooch simultaneously each day.
4) If you are giving your dog more than one tablet a day, space the doses out evenly throughout the day.
5) If you forget to give your canine a dose of Traumeel, give it to them as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for their next dose, skip the missed dose and give them their next dose at the regular time.
6) If you are giving the liquid form of Traumeel to your puppy, shake the bottle well before each use.
7) When giving liquid Traumeel to your dog, use the measuring dropper that comes with the product. Follow the dosing instructions on the product label carefully.
8) Do not give more Traumeel to your furry friend than recommended by the manufacturer or your veterinarian. Overdosing your dog on Traumeel can cause serious side effects. Contact your veterinarian if you observe any toxic effects.
9) The tablet can be broken in half or quarters for smaller dogs to make it easier to administer.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when considering any treatment for your dog is safe. Fortunately, Traumeel is deemed to be safe for use in dogs.
It is essential to follow the directions on the package carefully and only to give your dog the recommended dosage. It is always best to talk to your veterinarian before starting your dog on Traumeel or other treatments.
Another important consideration is whether or not your dog will benefit from Traumeel. While there is no guarantee that every pet will respond positively to this remedy, many have found it to help treat various conditions.
If your pooch is suffering from pain, inflammation, or any other disease that you think might benefit from Traumeel, it may be worth trying.
You May Also Like To Read:
- Trazodone for Dogs: 50mg-300mg
- Sulfadimethoxine Albon For Dogs: Dosage Chart
- Methocarbamol for Dogs: 500mg Robaxin Dosage
Traumeel side effects for Dogs
The side effects of Traumeel in dogs is generally mild and may include digestive upset, such as vomiting or diarrhea. More severe side effects are rare but may include liver damage or blood disorders.
Overdosing of any medication can cause severe health complications.
If you notice any side effects in your dog after giving Traumeel, stop giving the medication and contact your veterinarian.
As with any medication, it is always important to follow your veterinarian’s directions and use only as directed.
Never give your dog more Traumeel than what is prescribed by your vet. Overdose can cause serious side effects.
Where to buy traumeel for dogs?
There are a few different ways that you can purchase Traumeel for your dog. You can ask your veterinarian if they carry the product or if they can recommend a retailer who does.
Alternatively, you can purchase the product online from a variety of different websites.